Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ranges

Well, it seems I'm continuing with Corel Painter Essentials 4 and letting my hand wander with the guise of various emotions and other ethereal things.

I also think I'm either getting quicker at bringing out what I want to see.. or this one by itself was just easier for me.. because I didn't expect to be done so soon. Then again, sometimes simpler is better, yeh?

I try to keep myself dabbled in various ideas and techniques and media.. digital, pencil, pen, some acrylic paints, airbrush when I can, body art with washable markers.. I've even got some plastecine & models made up. I try to keep my artistic range open so that I can be flexible enough to force myself to tackle many different things, from gritty and noir to cutesy-poo and manga (not that any of them are exclusive mind you.. some of the most amusing/disturbing things happen to be very very adult-natured & gritty, but with almost chibi(deformed&super cute) characters.) A lot of the crossover ideas don't work well..because let's face it.. when something clashes with another thing.. it takes skill to make it come together without overpowering one or the other.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work is created by Dan Shipton unless otherwise noted, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License.