Sunday, October 10, 2010

Not the Happy

So, yeah. I am pissed off with Corel. There's no updates I can find (and I've looked) for Corel Painter Essentials 4.. the thing crashes on a whim, and sometimes the default save-shortcut doesn't work either. I lost an hour & a half's work for a contest.. NOT happy.

While photoshop is nice and all.. Painter Essentials has wonderful brush-stroke recreations that photoshop simply doesn't have. So I'm going to either luck out and find some free PS brush packs someone's made that replicate the ones in PE..or I'm going to have to make them myself. Not happy about that idea, either.

The worst part is that I can't seem to duplicate the icing-look I had in PE using various combinations of PS's gear. I might have missed something.. but still.

Anyhow.. the the Sketch-o-Daily's contest theme was `birthday creature`.. so this is what I made. .....sans the children-on-sticks as snacks for the thing.

Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work is created by Dan Shipton unless otherwise noted, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License.