Thursday, November 11, 2010

30 minutes or it's free

Well, that used to be certain pizza place's slogan.. now it's something like 40 minutes, or they revoke it when it rains, snows or the sun shines..or they've removed the tag altogether. Which is sad. Ah well.

So, I started painting tonight at 10pm (EST)..and wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Cityscape seems okay.., and if I lived near the brow, might even have gone outside or opened a window to get some perspective, but no, I live downtown..so all I get is grime, crime and `the true heart of the city`.

So, this is nothing more than some simple thick acrylic brush, digital airbrush and some 2B pencil brush in Corel Painter Essentials 4. Done in about 20 minutes (if I type much more I'm going to go over the 30minutes hurdle).. just a rough, really rough (as evidenced via the blue roughsketch lines) idea for a `from a hillside` or `balcony` perspective of a city.

(made it: 29minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work is created by Dan Shipton unless otherwise noted, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License.