Wednesday, December 22, 2010

More random sketches

Nothing really direct, motivated or purposeful.

Man.. it feels like forever since I've been in Photoshop.. I've been using Corel Painter Essentials for almost everything on here.. it's nice to be back in Photoshop, for sketching purposes.

I've heard good things about Manga Studio for a natural-feel for sketching, even on non-Intuous tablets.. and no, I don't have one. I have a Wacom Bamboo Fun. The price is right for an introductory tablet, and if various aspects of this existence come together for the better(for once), I'll be buying an Intuous because hey, I'll be drawing for a living. But it ain't like that day is tomorrow.. so I'll stick with my faithful Bamboo Fun+ and try to be happy with what I have.

That's the real secret, you know.. being content with what you have.
And it is so damned hard in our society.

John Wigger ( of the Zombie Roomie webcomic) had tweeted about wanting to try getting a watercolour feel out of photoshop. I think I've gotten a feasible attempt, more or less. Sure, there's room for refinement, but for not actually attempting to get watercolour-feel? I think it worked out okay.







And don't ask me why Batman got in there. Dude's freakin everywhere, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work is created by Dan Shipton unless otherwise noted, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License.