Monday, January 31, 2011

Song Sketching

Ok.. so I'm starting to do that thing where I'm listening to music, and just using the pen in Corel Painter Essentials 4 on a white backdrop (1024X1280) doing some sketching that lasts only as long as the song.

Some of these songs are under 3 minutes, which really is barely any time at all to think of something and sketch most, let alone all, of it out. Some of these songs are upwards of 8 minutes, some almost 11.. but those are far and few between.

I think I might go over some of these and actually do them some kind of proper at a later date. Maybe for the last of the Song Sketch series? I'm not sure yet.

Anyhow, here's a couple images sketched out tonight - if you can get the filename (possibly from a mouse-hover over the image?), the first part is the name of the song, then what I named the image.
For example, one song was `Need to feel love`, and I named the image Disco Stud. (image below)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work is created by Dan Shipton unless otherwise noted, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License.