Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Super-Beard

So yeah, still no Captain America.. but instead, we have an alien beard taking over one of Earth's mightiest, most nigh-invulnerable (save chunks of his homeland, red solar radiation and magic, it seems) heroes.

I wanted to do a little something different with the facial hair.. given a)superman's age in comics(rather, the real passage of time) and the fact he's an alien. So, Snydely Whiplash-esque mustache and a semi-split beard. I dunno, but it works for me.



Also, a friend's website needed some work.. unfortunately, the imag ethey had/have for their logo is some kind of wonky.. the original image (supplied to me) has a very bad glare from where someone took a photo of it.

Because it's a very lacey/interlaced image, I decided to let Corel Painter do some auto-painting for me.. yes, I cheated and fixed some issues with it afterward. The auto-paint feature is nice, but not perfect. What would have taken me roughly 3 or 4 hours to get right, took about 5 minutes for the auto-painter to do.
Don't get me wrong, cheating like that isn't right.. but for a quick fix on material that isn't mine, I'm not getting paid for, and would take up a fair bit of time I'd never get back? Sure, let the auto-painter do some pro-bono work for me. Especially when it turns out decent. If it hadn't turned out decent, I would have had to do it by hand.

1 comment:

Creative Commons Licence
This work is created by Dan Shipton unless otherwise noted, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License.