Monday, March 14, 2011

Even in Failures

Even in failures, there is something to be celebrated, learned, and damn it all, enjoyed.

Tonight image, for example.. I know where I messed up. Which means I also know where to keep an eye out for my next attempts and further work. I also learned how to get an effect I was wondering how I would get, and it was remarkably easier than I thought it would be.

So, while (in my eyes) tonight's image is a failure of my skill (because damn it!! I know better), it's an enjoyable piece (to me) because I learned how to do something that would otherwise be tricky and time-consuming in a very quick, easy, 1-step application. (If you're wondering, it's making the ruby-quartz visor look like it's got something actually in the lens)


So, *I* know where I screwed up..can you tell where?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work is created by Dan Shipton unless otherwise noted, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License.