Monday, April 4, 2011

Random Doodling

Random doodling is good for the soul, I think.

My roommate freaks out at horror movies. I'm talking horrible-nightmares-for-months kinda freak-out.
My own faulty psychoanalysis aside, I like a decent horror flick.. but the only ones that really get me are the ones that have a base in reality.. and yes, I include the paranormal as part of reality.

So, after a few morning kerfuffles and interludes, I popped in the new Nightmare on Elm Street movie, was pleasantly surprised to see the guy who played Rorschach in The Watchmen live action movie(as opposed to the badly animated comic-reading-movie format that was out in..what, the 80s early 90s?) was in it.
While watching/not watching the movie, I was doodling.

And then spent an hour trying to get a simple doodle to translate well into the digital realm without scanning(I need a scanner) or snapping a pic & uploading said pic then working on it.

I think it turned out pretty close to the original, though the legs are truncated. Colours were just haphazardly picked.. yet I think they work, probably because they're primary colours for most of the clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work is created by Dan Shipton unless otherwise noted, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License.