Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sketch-o-rama

So I've been slowly breaking in one of the three hardcover 5X8(inch) sketchbooks.

Some pencil, some pen.. all just random doodling.

This thing's been in my head for a couple days, and I've been wondering where I'd put him.
He's now in the sketchbook. I'm thinking of turning him into an entire race for a project I'm working on.
Think something like throwing a dwarf, a pixie, a kobold and half-a-dark-elf into a blender.


More and more I'm noticing just how much I can not get the same detail out of my wonderful lil tablet (wacom bamboo fun) as I can when I'm working on paper. Quite frustrating.

I'm also taking a small break from the P90X stuff.. I think I may have a small tear in my lowest-left abdominal muscle. Pushups strained it, and a different style of pushup did it in altogether. I'll still be doing it, but I'm taking a day to let myself heal. Stupid abdominal muscles.. just like your back, they're connected to practically everything.

My camera battery informed me of it's imminent death while trying to get a non-shaky, non-shadow-covered picture from my sketchbook.. so I'll have to recharge it before I can post any pics of other doodles.

Warning! Link-heavy text below. Each item should take you to the item's page on Geek Cantina's site.
Also, the icecube trays from a Geek Cantina came in yesterday. Skele-fishies (makes 4 BIG ice cubes) and Dead-Fishies (makes 8 good-sized ice cubes). I can't remember if I posted about the other ordered stuff, so.. I also ordered a stapleless-stapler, cute design!, a Warcraft Axe... the thing's almost as big as my cellphone!(LG Gossip) The glow-in-the-dark (sample size) Thinking Putty is a fun lil stress reliever. My roommate loves her Garlic mints and the foldable camping spork(free gift with order, I believe), Gag-gifted some friends with the Tenga Eggs.. what looks like a stress-reliever is really an adult-fun toy, and I'm finding the Absinthe Mints really nice after eating something spicy or heavy on flavour. (they taste a bit like licorice).

Ordering was as easy as it could possibly be, and that includes setting up an account. I received 2?...3?? emails in one day : a notice that the order'd been received, that it was processed, and then picked up by the mail service. The last one had a tracking number with it, so I could follow the whereabouts of the package.
In roughly a week I had the package, except the ice-cube trays, they were on back-order.

I can't wait to have some extra cash so I can send a box full of the bacon items to Lar.

Still.. if you're Canadian, and looking for awesome geek stuff.. Geek Cantina is out in Winnipeg.. so there's no  customs or border-fees, and they even have a 'discount code' on the checkout page to help you save money, how awesome is that!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work is created by Dan Shipton unless otherwise noted, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License.