Sunday, June 5, 2011

Duality

If you listen to some of the so-called experts (how do we know they're experts..really?? There's no real tests of their abilities like the Olympics or NHL Playoffs or Superbowl or anything, so I'm calling "bullshit!" on all emotional/mental/psychological `experts` out there) then you're aware that as people, we've developed many `masks`, one for home, one for work, one for various friends and family and so forth.

Personally, I think we can boil it down to, oh, say three.
When you need to be nice & polite & put your best image out there,
When you're around friends and people you're comfortable with,
and then when it's all stripped away, and you're your real self (which often seems to come out in time of pressure & frustration and when we think nobody's looking)

So, for this week, I'm going to try & focus on duality, two sides of a coin, as it were, taking a page out of Harvey Dent's (a.k.a Two-Face) book. Kind of like that light&dark thing I did a while ago, but with personality & emotion instead of ...well.. light & dark/shadow.

The below is what we'd often see in a movie where the protagonist lead/leads a life as a spy, and his cover.

Still no luck with getting my photoshop or illustrator or any of my adobe programs reinstalled. This pissed me off for a good while, and now I've pretty much given up on it until my brain comes up with some kind of solution by just ignoring it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work is created by Dan Shipton unless otherwise noted, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License.