Saturday, June 18, 2011

It *never* rains

But it sure does torrential-typhoon.

Seems like it's a bad weekend, and it's only half-over.
Did some number-crunching.. new job doesn't pay enough to cover rent, food, car & insurance.
But will need car (and insurance) to get to said job come September.
Frig.

Father's Day is coming up, tomorrow actually.. got an email from my dad.
He's got incurable, `manageable` cancer.
Fuck.

By 'manageable', the doctors mean `every 3 months or so we'll dose you with chemo and you should be good for a l'il while`.  It's something with his lymphocytes. So, basically, it's his blood & bone-marrow.
The research I've done on it says that basically everyone has this "disease", but only about 3% of adults over 40 are ever-so-effing-lucky that it becomes cancerous.

My grandmother on my mom's side of the family ...well, my understanding is that she didn't die from the cancer, but the chemo is what really precipitated the end.. what with how sick it can make you.
What kind of "cure" makes you so sick you can't fight the disease to begin with?

I wanted to do a piece of me kicking cancer in the ass.. but cancer has no ass.. it just IS an ass.
Healthy blood cells are kinda pink and sometimes have a white-core from the google-image searches that I've seen.. whereas the cancerous ones have dark purple/crimson spotting/clotting them.

And so.. from me to you, you motherfucking piece of shit disease:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work is created by Dan Shipton unless otherwise noted, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License.