Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Winged Weeks

WOW!!

It's been over a week since my last post.
What the hell?!?! you ask yourself. (well, maybe not).

I don't know what happened..other than that I've been going to work, getting home, trying to get some things done, trying to establish a bit of a new routine..and failing at it.

The job goes fairly well...I think. I get off work and home in time to be able to make & eat something before 7pm, which is one of the things I wanted. However, my job is a bit mentally taxing, so when I get home, I just want to turn my brain off.. not good for someone with artistic aspirations, huhn?

That, and I absolutely must being incorporating a workout routine, as my previous job had me hauling autoglass, while not a good workout, still had me sweating it out some. Now I sit in a semi-comfy chair..which was actually replaced with an ergonomic piece of shyte.. I hate everything ergonomic. Even the word. It's some amalgam that really means `incredibly uncomfortable`. Still, at least this uncomfy chair breathes..well, the back is mesh (granted, bent inward at an angle that forces your spine to bend 'properly' [read: painfully] ).

So, there's that. One of the guys in the office is trying to lose 40 pounds. So maybe I can have a cardio-buddy or something, if I get a gym membership. If nothing else, at least there's someone in the office I can talk to over the watercooler about getting into shape and losing weight.

Anyhow.. art stuff!
I wasn't sure what I was going to doodle, but I wanted it to be a girl.. but maybe a rugged girl.. or something like that.

This is all of an hour - from some random shape-doodling to a rough piece with some colour added to give it a little flavour...think I spent a good 10 minutes trying to get the focal-gradient somewhere I'd be happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work is created by Dan Shipton unless otherwise noted, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License.