Monday, August 22, 2011

Certain phrases

Just lead to auto-dread.
"We need to talk" or "I'd like to talk to you" are never, from my experience never words that lead
to good, uplifting or even remotely nice conversations.

My immediate supervisor came in today, sat me down, we had a chat.
All good stuff.
I was so relieved.
For one thing, it's amazing when your supervisor goes to bat for you, and secondly, when he doesn't even put the gloves on (so he can take them off) and just swing for the fences in your favour is incredible.

And my boss did that.
I don't know all the particulars, and I don't want to. But I do know that my boss, awesome guy that he is, went toe-to-toe with one of the company's Big Guys, didn't back down and told them what the what is and just how wrong they are.... because of a mistake I made.  Except it wasn't really a mistake - it was more of not knowing someone only likes pistachio ice cream and blind-serving neopolitan instead.
The icecream is still icecream, but it's not tailor-flavoured to their specifically unique taste.

Anyhow.. here's some book doodles:

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work is created by Dan Shipton unless otherwise noted, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License.