Sunday, October 16, 2011

Making Myths Anyone?

So, I found via someone's (sorry, I can't find the original post or remember your name!) post
that a couple guys are doing this awesome weekly mythological monster things on Mondays.

Go here to check it out.

So anyhow.. I got a little confused about something, asked a question, got an good answer and here's my submission to the piece:

A is for Alseid, one of the varieties of Nymphs from Greek Mythology, specifically a Nymph that dwells in groves and secluded forested areas, but likes to play tricks upon humans - the kind that scare the crap out of you.


This is about half the original file dimensions. (I was going to say size, but this is about 110kb, whereas the file-proper is roughly 25meg - gotta love IrfanView for it's amazing scaling abilities!)
Mixed media, all digital though.  Done in Corel Painter Essentials 4 (program came with my Wacom Bamboo).  I originally had some outlines, but I think it looks better without the lines delineating everything.

So, yeah.. go check out that site, and hopefully you'll join in.  I know I'm looking forward to seeing the different entries for each letter that comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work is created by Dan Shipton unless otherwise noted, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License.