Monday, November 28, 2011

Speed

The speed of light.  The speed of sound.  Speed limits.  Speed-traps.  Speeding.  Speedy Gonzalez.

Haste makes waste, is what we're told.  Haste is to hurry, to speed along, to do something quicker.

And when I do art quicker, sometimes I achieve a nice slap-dash sloppy-look that pulls things together, like hair or fur or loose tendrils or something.  But more often than not, it produces ...things I am less than pleased with.

I tried not to hurry through the colouring on this too much.

After looking at it, I decided to remove the general lines i had for cheekbones, the nose, the eye sockets and such, and to just let the colours define it.  How well I did is up to anybody's guess, but only I know the truth, after all, I'm the one who made the thing.  That's one of the rubs about art, it's open to vast interpretation, no matter how closed-in-on a subject the piece may seem.

Anyhow, I'm sure the #Alphabeasts thing already has a few of these.. and while this doesn't match what's in my head, it's a close enough approximation to make me okay with it.

G is for Ghoul


There's a few types of ghouls out there.. and I'm choosing the zombie-like, fairly brainless revenant that rots and festers and decays.

Perhaps I'll do some more pieces this week and get some other ideas for ghouls out of my head and onto canvas..digital and otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work is created by Dan Shipton unless otherwise noted, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License.