Tuesday, April 17, 2012

All the Rage

People are predictably unpredictable.

I've said that for years.  As it turns out, I'm not the only one.  A few years ago, waiting for the bus, I struck up a conversation with a girl who was attending university, and we were talking about the nature of people, and I said that same thing, to which she responded that her human behaviours teacher said the same thing at the start of every class.  Neat, and weird.  Neat because it's nice to know someone else is passing along such obvious, yet obscured knowledge, and weird because.. what do you do to become a teach of `human behaviours`??!

Anyhow.. so, a general rule of life is that we all do stupid things.  And they all catch up with us at some point.
I've got some piercings, generally easily hidden from view and blah blah blah. For whatever reason, I've been on a search for some unique jewelry for said piercings, and wanted something more than just the general 316L surgical stainless steel.

Initially, I found some awesome stuff at Body Candy and put an order in, though I got the sizing wrong. Still, the stuff is neat, and I'll but using it with some Jovi (air-drying modelling clay) in the future. A week or so later, I was out and about running some errands and thought `what am I doing wrong, why can't I find anything in the proper size here in Canada?!`, drove past a tattoo place, and stopped in.

That place is Artists of Life in Hamilton, Ontario, and let me tell you, the joint is friendly. Amazingly friendly. I had previously had a bad experience trying to acquire some jewelry from a local shop (it should never take 4 weeks or more for an order) and these folks put me right at ease. If I ever get a tattoo, I know where I'm going. Now, to make this really clear, when I say friendly.. a friend of mine who isn't into tattoos, body mod, piercings, or anything even remotely like that (even fake boobs are a turn off for him), he went with me to pick up the jewelry, and was so keen on how friendly and nice the staff are at Artists of Life, he almost wanted to get a tattoo. So I picked up the ordered jewelry and was on my way. They told me who their supplier is, and I looked them up online, and placed an order from them, as well. The folks at Artists of Life even offered to help me swap out my current jewelry, because hey, sometimes it can be tricky, even just a plain old earring can throw you a curveball sometimes.

So anyhow.. I placed an order with Rage Body Jewelry . I placed the order 7 days ago, got notice in the mail yesterday and picked up the jewelry today. I gotta tell ya, I'm fairly pleased with everything.

Between Body Candy, Rage and Artists of Life, I think I've got my bodymod wants covered - forget the bases, it's the whole dang field, including the dugout.

On a completely unrelated note.. I'm having a bit of a hard time designing some family members for something I'm working on..so I thought I'd doodle out some other stuff for a while instead.. and we've got a roughed up bruiser itching for payback and some old designs I'm going to be re-evaluating and tweaking to get further away from the Ninja Turtle-vibe it gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work is created by Dan Shipton unless otherwise noted, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License.